CancerCare.org

Counseling. Support Groups. Resources. Financial Assistance.

Welcome to Our Team Page

slideshow

Team Members
Name Raised
Jennifer Cahill $425.00
Richard Denike $0.00
Laura Tramantano $35.00
Danielle Fasulo $70.00
Peter Fasulo $0.00
Anna Miller $80.00
Victoria Anderson $170.00
Richard Anderson $0.00
Donna Cahill $60.00
John Cahill $135.00
Kelly Cahill $55.00
Jennifer Cahill $390.00

Team has 12 Individuals
On Sunday, November 3, 2013, our team will join hundreds of other members of the Long Island community at the CancerCare 11th Annual Lung Cancer Walk for Hope. We will come together with a unified goal to raise funds and increase awareness about lung cancer and CancerCare's National Lung Cancer Program. As we walk, we will celebrate survivors and remember loved ones.

August 12, 2013
This will be our fourth year walking and we are looking forward to another great turnout. Last year, Hurricane Sandy might have delayed us, but we raised over $1,600 and my goal is $2,000 this year. As many of you know, I am not only a participant in the walk, but I am also a member of the committee to organize the walk. If you have any ideas or know of any companies who might sponsor the event let me know! In addition to walking to support CancerCare, and all those affected by cancer, we are walking for my mom Kathie. She passed away after a long, hard battle with cancer on January 10, 2010. My mom was my best friend, an amazing mother, a loving wife, a great sister, sister-in-law, daughter, daughter-in law, aunt, god mother, friend and co-worker. Kathie was a lover of all things Christmas, not because of the presents she would receive herself, but the joy she would see on other peoples faces. She loved baking cookies, decorating the house, putting up her Christmas village, singing really loud and obnoxiously to corny Christmas music, and teasing my brother and I about what we were getting for Christmas for months before she even started shopping. She loved keeping the "spirit" of Christmas alive. She was a courageous and generous woman and we were all very lucky to know her. In addition to her love for Christmas, she LOVED The Wizard of Oz (hence our team name).

Since 1944, CancerCare has been providing support to anyone with cancer. Today, with its staff of social work professionals, CancerCare reaches more than 1,000,000 people affected by cancer, offering face-to-face, telephone and online counseling, education workshops, informative patient education materials, and financial assistance. For someone facing a lung cancer diagnosis, knowing that they can connect with others and find compassionate support when they need it most can make all the difference.